KCE Certification Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Certification Governing Commission Certification (CGC), a subsidiary of the American Society of Ketamine Physicians, Psychotherapists & Practitioners (ASKP3) is pleased to announce open enrollment for its new KCE certification program!
The Ketamine Certification Exam (KCE) certification program was developed under the auspices of the Certification Governing Commission (CGC) to recognize those individuals who have demonstrated competent knowledge and cognitive skills needed in performing a regimen of ketamine therapy and its potential uses. Individuals who earn the KCE credential will have demonstrated knowledge of the professional domains that encompass the tasks and knowledges required of a qualified individual practicing in this field.
OPERATIONAL PILOT EXAM
Be one of the first to obtain this prestigious credential in the new and expanding field of Ketamine therapy!
Here is how the process works (for further details on the sequence of events, please see the table below):
- Registration through open enrollment will only be available through ASKP3 during the month of September (September 1 – September 30)
- Application Review will be conducted and candidates will be notified regarding their eligibility status.
- Eligible candidates will be able to schedule their exam remotely beginning the second half of November 2021.
- Eligible candidates will have approximately 6 weeks in late 2020 and early 2021 to sit for the exam.
- For the Operational Pilot, candidates sitting for the exam could expect their final results sometime in mid-January, 2021
2021 PILOT ADMINISTRATION
Open Enrollment (Pilot)
Sept 1 – 30, 2021
Accept Apps from candidates
Oct 1 – Oct 31, 2021
Application vetting and notification to candidates of eligibility status
Eligible Candidates Schedule Exam Appointment
Nov 15 – Dec 1, 2021
Eligible candidates schedule exam appointment
Candidates sit for exam
Dec 6 – Jan 10, 2022
Window in which candidates sit for the exam
Cut Score Analysis
Jan 10 – Jan 15, 2022
Exam item analysis and set scoring standard
Approval of Cut Score
Jan 15 – Jan 20, 2022
CGC approves final cut score
Scoring results sent to candidates
Jan 20 – Jan 30, 2022
Candidates sitting for the exam during Nov/Dec window receive their score reports
- Exam Application: To register for the exam, candidates must complete our online Exam Application (Available Sept 1-30, 2021). A application fee of $75.00 will be required when submitting the completed application. Once eligibility has been approved, candidates will be required to pay a separate exam registration fee of $400 when scheduling their appointment to sit for the exam.
- Examination Administration: The CGC has partnered with ProctorU to administer the KCE exam remotely. For more information regarding their processes, please visit their website at https://www.proctoru.com
- Eligibility Criteria: To sit for the KCE exam, candidates must meet specific eligibility criteria which can be found in the Candidate Handbook and online Exam Application (Available Sept 1-30, 2021).
- Recertification: Candidates successfully passing the exam and earning the credential will be required to renew their credential every three years. The Recertification Manual (coming soon) provides information on the processes to be followed for recertification. Once a certificant is ready to recertify, they should visit our online Exam Application during the open enrollment period.